Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Update

Hi there...I'm back!!!

I have to apologize for leaving you all hanging about what's been happening since my last post. Trying to keep up with the blog, finishing radiation and finishing the CLS program got the best of me. Now that life has slowed down a little, I have more time to concentrate on the blog. But your probably wondering what has happened between my last post and now. Well...let me tell you.

I finished radiation the week after Labor Day in 2010. Because of the radiation and the lumpectomy, I now have to take Tamoxifen for the next 5 years. Because my cancer was detected as early-stage breast cancer, it reduces the chance that the original breast cancer will come back in the same breast or elsewhere. It also reduces the risk of developing new cancers in the other breast. The downside to the medication is that it may increase my risk of getting uterine cancer but according to my doctor the benefits far outweigh any potential risks. It does have minimal side effects which I have learned to deal with. On a good note, I got a clean bill of health the last time I had my follow-up...YAY!!! I still have to get checked every 6 months but that's fine with me. At this point I'd rather be safe than sorry.

In March of 2011, I graduated from the CLS program and took time off of work to study for the national exam. I went back to work this past August and am still struggling to pass the exam. It's been quite frustrating but I think I had too many distractions going on in my life. I'll pass the next time I take it, I have faith in myself and I'm not giving up. So there's my brief run down thus far.  

But wait! Did you notice that the layout of the blog looks a little different? You know what that means right? Yup you guessed it, change! Stephanie and I will be adding new and exciting elements to the blog. Can't tell you what they are yet but I'll give you a hint....new adventures and lots of creativity!!








No comments: